Friday, March 5, 2010

What's this all about?!

Who's yummy mummy?  Or more curiously, what's so yummy about this mummy?  And what's up with the tea house (or is it teahouse)?  This very first post attempts an explanation.

As for the name of the blog, the "mummy" part is obvious enough.  I am a proud mommy to a very sweet and smart preschool-aged daughter.  She is my life and I am very happy with being mommy, hence, the mummy.  I was just thinking about a word that rhymes with mommy, and I had a stroke of inspiration -- yummy mummy!  How so very cute, sexy and better yet, it rhymes!  Alas, apparently, many others had the same idea .. all yummy mummy's and its variations have been taken.  So, I needed to add something to yummy mummy.  I know many blogs have the word "cafe" attached to it -- probably to signify that the blog is a comfortable place for kindred spirits to gather, sit down and have a nice, relaxing chit chat.  I LOVE coffee, but thought I wanted something more unique.  I went to www.thesaurus.com and found tea house as one of the synonyms.  Cool!  I live in Japan, so tea house sounds pretty appropriate.  Voila!  I got myself a blog!

So, what's this blog for?  I am hoping to use this blog to write about things I care about and have a passionate interest in.  These include (but definitely not limited to) parenting, early childhood education, bilingualism, cultures and languages, traveling, and maybe some random posts on my life as a foreign wife married to a Japanese person and living in Japan.  I should begin to have some more free time now that my daughter is starting preschool in a few weeks time.  I plan to be doing a lot of researching, writing and taking up a new hobby.  Not sure yet exactly what ... but I'm thinking of a craft or two such as scrapbooking and/or fabric folding (fabric version of origami).  I am terrible at crafts, but will think of it as a challenge.  And should I get any better (or maybe if I could get hubby to do it along with me, since he's SO much better with his hands), perhaps I could turn it into a monetizing opportunity!

I've always been a pessimist, but I am oddly quite optimistic about this whole thing.  I suppose we shall see what this leads to .. if anything.  Here's to a great 2010 (after a terrible 2009)!

Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life




No comments:

Post a Comment